Sunday, December 2, 2012

How I'm getting through this week's tasks.

After Task 9.7...

I'm stuck at the desk today ploughing through the 9 point this and the 9 point that (you know how it feels). I've got a goal to finish these off by this evening and I'm using Gamification tactics (see: http://www.livingforimprovement.com/how-i-gamified-the-google-interview-and-how-you-can-too/) to do so. I'm treating myself to cups of tea every task I finish and then I'm having a cocktail at the hotel (Hyatt) I view from my window - the large leaning tower you can see from this picture:

The big treat is tomorrow however. If I get all this done I am going to treat myself to piece of art. My friend is exhibiting at 'The Club', Abu Dhabi, tomorrow and I've got my eye on this acrylic on canvas (only part of picture showing):

 

His website is: http://tonysextonartwork.weebly.com

Right, I'm one step nearer that cup of tea now!

 

4 comments:

  1. I like your comments about gamifying this course!! Sounds like a great way to make work fun. Nice to see images from where you live and work too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cup of tea idea! And nice art work from your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cup of tea with a piece of cake: This nine point something or now it is ten point something. I tell myself that in one hour I have to finish ten point something part a or part c or ... Or else no tea and no cakes. That helps me to move a little faster.

    ReplyDelete